Friday, December 9, 2016
Natsukashii
Natsukashii, the Japanese word for nostalgia or sweet fond memories.
Josh and I have many fond memories we have shared in the past year. So with his birthday being on Sunday I have been nostalgic over the sweet moments Josh and I have had. I want to share a few of the most important memories that I have. These are a few at the top of my list.
The first night at the hospital with Josh I woke up and saw him sleeping in the bassinet next to my bed. At that moment I had an emotional realization that he was finally here and completed our little family. The feeling I experienced was that the world was finfally complete because there isn't supposed to be a world without Josh Carter.
Another fond memory I have is dancing with Josh in our kitchen to Ben Howard. I rememeber he was extremely fussy that day but when I danced with him in the kitchen he slowly fell asleep. I will never forget dancing with him while he slept so peacfully.
This next memory isn't a sweet memory but a milestone as a mother. We went to the mall with Grandpa Smith. This was the first time I took Josh out in public. I wasn't just nervous but felt true anxiety. Mostly because Josh at a younger age could have terrible meltdowns in new and busy environments. We got through the trip, with a lot of help from Grandpa! Because of that quick trip to the mall I was able to break mental boundaries I had built up.
Christian and I enjoy holidays more now that we can celebrate them with Josh. We have also been able to go on our first family vacation this past year. We spent two weeks in Florida visiting with Christian's family. As a family we were able to go to the beach for Josh's first beach visit. Christian and I even barried his feet in the sand, which he didn't love but we thought it was adorable!
One late night Josh woke up from a nap and giggled when I picked him up! His first giggle. He didn't stop, for a couple minutes he kept chuckling. I was able to catch a video of him laughing while I was holding him. I was so happy I was crying. He hasn't laughed the same since but every time I get a little giggle out of him it makes me remember that first one.
When Joshwas in the hospital for a week switching from the NG tube to the G tube I became very emotional. There was a moment one of his doctors came in our room the night before surgery and took out his NG tube. She then patted me on the back and said, "that's it mom no more NG tube.". At that moment I broke down in tears knowing Josh wouldn't need the NG tube anymore. The tape on his face caused him so much pain and the NG tube was a hassel and uncomfortable. I was so happy to see my little baby boy be relieved from this trouble.
Just today on December 9th we were able to start moving into our first home. Josh and I were unpacking some boxes while Christan was at work so I decided to unpack Josh's things first. Playing with him and his toys in his first bedroom was exciting.
These are just a few important memories I have with Josh, I'm looking forward to sharing good memories we have in the future! THank you for reading my post! What is a favorite memory you have with your child/children?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have so many favorite moments with all three of my boys but I would have to say my all time favorite is when we all sit down in the living room 9pm at night to watch a movie as a family before bedtime. :) I loved reading your blog! Your an amazing mother!
ReplyDeleteI have so many favorite moments with all three of my boys but I would have to say my all time favorite is when we all sit down in the living room 9pm at night to watch a movie as a family before bedtime. :) I loved reading your blog! Your an amazing mother!
ReplyDelete