People say I am strong for what I go through. I wish you’d
see me alone at night, when Josh is asleep and Christian is at work. People say
they don’t know how I do it, well I honestly don’t know either. Take a moment
and think of your children, if you have any. If they were born and had the
disabilities Josh has you’d fight for them every day wouldn’t you? Simply
because they are still the child that you love today. Josh has disabilities but
he is capable of very much. Capable of making hard hearts soft. He is capable
of opening eyes and showing a new perspective when people’s eyes had been
closed to these difficulties. Josh is capable of laughing, and pushing his toys
off the couch, and fake crying so I pick him up. He is capable of love, fear,
pain, and strength. He has conquered every obstacle, every trial, and every
battle that has come his way SINCE BIRTH. I would like to believe Josh is
capable of more than some people are without disabilities. So when you look at me
and wonder how I don’t break from everything going on in our life right now, it’s
because I have a warrior for a son.
I thought I would have to teach my child about the world
when in fact I have to teach the world about my child. All the while Josh is
teaching me about the world. For a long time I didn’t want to share Josh with everyone.
I didn’t feel comfortable posting photos on social media or updating people on
what we were doing. I even asked my parents to wait until I was ready to share
him. Now though, I see the world needs Josh. So I encourage you all if you have
the chance to get to know Josh or someone else like Josh to not hesitate. Being
loved by someone with special needs or disabilities gives you strength. Loving
someone with special needs or disabilities gives you courage.
No comments:
Post a Comment