Sunday, December 11, 2016

Birthday Boy

Dear Josh Carter: 

You will never know how loved you are little boy. I wanted to give you the day you deserve. You have gone through unimaginable trials within the first year of life and you deserved this day that was all about you. I think of who you are and the boy you're growing to be and I admire you. Your smile is like a light at the end of the tunnel. Today we got to see that smile often! I was happy to be able to rock you to sleep in your bedroom for a couple hours and be with you when you turned one. I was able to hold you and remember the first night we had together after you were born. You've blessed my life and continue to every day. You woke up and we watched the snow fall and I sang you Happy Birthday. The rest of the day was filled with celebration. Your Smith family and Schneider family came to our house to have your birthday party. 

Your party was jungle themed of course because almost every toy you have has something to do with the jungle. We had a sweet Winnie the Pooh cake and daddy and I fed you a little icing. I think that was your favorite part! Your family bought you perfect gifts! Your presents really showed that your family knows you well and knows what makes you happy. You were given toys that light up and spin, a laser show for your bedroom, a new stroller that fully protects you from the sun, and many new clothes! 

I remember being in labor and writing my last entry to you before you came into the world. My hand writing was scratchy from shaking and I couldn't finish all of my sentences, but I do remember writing to you that I promised from that day forward I would do everything I can to make you happy. Today I'd say that was a success. You've taught me so much about my self and what I want for this life of my own. I can't wait for the years in our future and all the birthdays. Josh Carter, my sweeatheart, you will always be my perfect gift. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect son and know in your heart you are deeply loved. 

James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." 

I love you my precious boy. Happy first Birthday! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! ❤️ You are a great momma Mia! Josh is lucky to have you!
    -Shelby Hill

    ReplyDelete